NEW THIS YEAR! EMS Services
and EMS Systems - What’s the Road Ahead?
Deputy Chief EMS
City of Ankeny
Assistant Chief, Operations
City of Clive
Emergency Management &
This discussion on EMS Systems Development will assist EMS leaders
in identifying and articulating the challenges EMS services face
throughout our state and how participating in System Development
activities can help us overcome those challenges. We will also
define, describe, and discuss Service Regions across Iowa and how we
fit into our local Service Area Coalitions. We will work together to
identify best practices and strategies for leveraging this new model
towards our advantage.
Iowa EMS Past, Present and Future
Presented by Frank Prowant
- History of EMS in Iowa
- Problems we now face across the state (age, attrition,
reimbursement, funding, etc.)
- Now we face “service regions”
- How and what do we do?
Presented by Brian Helland & Chris Perrin
- Define – What is this?
- History of how and why they were developed
- Service areas, geography lesson, and how this was developed
- Where does the money come from: Follow the dollar!
- How can we leverage this as an opportunity?
Group Discussion - How can IEMSA help?
Cultivating the Courageous Leader Mindset
by Iron Jen McDonough
In her roles as a motivational storyteller, engaging Amazon Top 100
author, and business coach, she empowers the Everyday Hero to
unleash their very best. Jen and her family are most known for
paying off over $212,000 worth of debt and medical expenses in 4
years. Their story has been featured in local, national and
international media. She is also an 8-time national weightlifter,
Minnesota Hall of Fame, and 2-time US Olympic Festival medal winner
as well as an Ironman tri-athlete. All 3 of her books have hit
Amazon’s Top 100 categories. Iron Jen is passionate about
cultivating courageous leaders through building resiliency and
Attendees easily relate to her authentic presentation style, as well
as her delivery of humorous relevant stories that teach powerful and
impactful lessons. How much better would our families, communities
and organizations be if we helped individuals develop a courageous
mindset? In this engaging session, audience members will learn how
to build resilience, overcome obstacles, and work in their strengths
by developing a courageous mindset.
Organizational benefits include:
- Promote employee wellness
- Create and cultivate a culture of courageous leaders
- Improve employee retention and satisfaction
The outcomes of this session are to build stronger individuals,
teams, organizations, and families by:
- Recognizing how lack of a courageous mindset can cause chaos
- Identifying destructive behaviors that a discourage a
courageous mindset and promote chaos
- Teaching 4 ways to develop a courageous mindset even during
times of turbulence
Emerging Trends Conference Registration